Thursday, April 30, 2015

Adobe Illustrator CS6 Using the Page Up and Page Down keys

In this movie, I am going to show you how to get around a document using the Page Up and Page Down keys.

Now I am going to be throwing a lot of keyboard shortcuts at you this time.
I am going to expect even the biggest shortcut fanatic to remember all of these.
Just remember this Page Up and Page Down combined with any of the modifier keys, does something in Illustrator cs6 .
So lets go ahead and zoom in quite a bit here, and then Ill press the Page Up key, and notice that I move almost a full screen upward.
And then if I press Page Down, I move almost a full screen downward.
If I want to move in smaller increments, then I press Alt+Page Up, this would be Option+Page Up on the Mac, or Alt+Page Down, this would be Option+Page Down on the Mac.
What if I want to move to the right? Well, then Ill press Ctrl+Page Down, thats Command+Page Down on the Mac.
If I want to move to the left, its Ctrl+Page Up, or Command+Page Up.
To move in smaller increments, once again, you add the Alt key.
So its Ctrl+Alt+Page Down, to move in small increments to the right, and Ctrl+Alt+Page

Illustrator CS6 Tutorial

Up, or Command+Option+Page up on the Mac, to move in smaller increments to the left.
Now of course, that leaves the Shift key, and you may recall from the previous chapter that the Shift key combined with Page UP and Page Down actually moves you between artboards.
So Shift+Page Up, will take you to the previous artboard, as were seeing here.
And in my case, I am going all the way back to the first one.
And then Shift+Page Down is going to move me to the next artboard.
If I press Ctrl+Shift+Page Up, or Command+Shift+ Page Up on the Mac, I go to the first artboard,
and if I press Ctrl+Shift+Page Down, or Command+Shift +Page Down on the Mac, I go to last artboard, which
in my case is the big artboard that encompasses all the other ones.
And that for those of you who are interested is how you get around a document, using the Page Up and Page Down keys, combined with every modifier key you got.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;