Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Advanced document controls in illustrator cs6 tutorial

In this movie Ill introduce you to the Advanced Controls that are available to you in creating a new document  in illustrator cs6, they are not really any more advanced in what weve seen so far. It just happened to reside in an area of the dialog box called Advanced. We will go up to the File menu and choose a New command to bring up my New Document dialog box And Ill go ahead and call this document 8-page newsletter because thats what its going to be. And Ill go ahead and change the Number of Artboards to 8 as well.

And change the number of Columns to 4 so that the Artboards are arranged in 4 columns and 2 rows. Im going to switch back to the default unit of measure Points just so that I can show you that you can override the unit of measure anytime you like. So notice that Illustrator has gone ahead and converted all of my inch settings, my active Points which is why now my Artboards are going to be 432 pts wide and 576 pts tall.

 illustrator cs6 tutorial
Im kind of thinking the Spacing value is going to be a little bit too high.  Id like to change it to a quarter inch, but lets say I dont know what a quarter inch is in Points. Well, all you have to do is dial in 0.25 in, like that, and then press Tab, it will automatically convert to a different unit of measure, or I could even dial in Millimeters if I want, 100mm, for example, then press Tab, and Illustrator goes ahead and converts it to 283.46 pts--who wouldve known? in illustrator cs6

But a quarter inch is probably closer to what I want. Another way to do it is to dial in 0.25" and then press the Tab key, convert it over to 18 pts. So pretty much anything you think you should be able to do you can. There are so many different ways to indicate these units of measure. I can even dial in a fraction if I want to, like 1/3". That will go ahead and give me a third of an inch, and that converts over to 24 pt. Here are the Advanced options, to see them you just click on this Arrowhead in order

Advanced document controls in illustrator cs6 tutorial

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;